MUMBAI, India, Feb. 27, 2019 -- Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), the global cybersecurity leader, has announced the publication of ‘Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for directors and officers, India’.
Launched in conjunction with the Cloud Security Summit in Mumbai today, the India edition is supported by the Data Security Council of India and Forbes Asia. The guide provides business leaders and officers at enterprises, government agencies and other organizations with practical, actionable, expert advice on how to best protect their organisations from cyberattacks.
The guide covers a range of cybersecurity topics, such as risk management, compliance, skills shortage, incident management, as well as prevention and response.
With the success of the original U.S guide, Palo Alto Networks has continued this mission globally, partnering with publishers and thought leaders from around the globe to write regional editions in France, Australia, Singapore, Benelux and the United Kingdom.
The contributing authors include:
- Capgemini – Eric Anklesaria, Vice President & Global Leader, Banking & Capital Markets Transformation
- Cognizant – Saritha Auti, Chief Information Security Officer, Assistant Vice President Cyber Security
- Data Security Council of India – Rama Vedashree, Chief Executive Officer
- Deloitte India – Shree Parthasarathy, Chief Innovation Officer, National Leader – Cyber Risk Services
- Genpact – Ramachandra Hegde, Vice President, Chief Information Security Officer
- HDFC Bank – Sameer Ratolikar, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT- B) – Prof S Sadagopan, Director
- KPIT Technologies – Mandar Marulkar, Chief Digital Officer
- Mahindra & Mahindra – Hitesh Mulani, Group Chief Information Security Officer and Vice President – IT Partner Collaboration & Process Excellence
- Wipro – Sridhar Govardhan, Chief Information Security Officer
- “In an era of digital technologies driving the economy and society, we need to architect security as a core design principle of all Technology Products and Services, and enable a safe and trusted digital experience for our consumers and communities across the world. If we scale up and deliver on this expectation, we can harness the full potential of Digital Platforms and Products.”
- Rama Vedashree, chief executive officer, Data Security Council of India
- “If we select talents with sound behavior competencies, analytical abilities, inter personal skills and personality traits, they would be able to learn and adapt themselves into new age cyber security specialists.”
- Sameer Ratolikar, executive vice president and chief information security officer, HDFC Bank
- “It is undeniable that cybersecurity will need to be ubiquitous. This is because digitization, being a game changer, is impacting all professions – banking & finance, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, oil & gas, government, education, and healthcare, to name a few. This practical guide to cybersecurity by Palo Alto Networks will help people gain invaluable insights from real-world experiences.”
- Prof S Sadagopan, director, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT- B)
- “As security in cyber space becomes a challenge and attacks are more organized, governments, organizations and cybersecurity experts need to join forces and develop a common framework or language, so that our collective defence and responses grow that much stronger.”
- Shree Parthasarathy, chief innovation officer and national leader, Cyber Risk Service, Deloitte India
- “Cybersecurity operationalization needs a holistic approach to integrate technologies, processes and logs which matter in the cybersecurity landscape. Security operations are repetitive in nature and can easily be automated. Every process with a fixed input and a predictable output should be considered for automation.”
- Saritha Auti, chief information security officer and assistant vice president, Cyber Security, Cognizant
- “With any security outcome, you will always need to look at how the technology and processes will work within ecosystem. There is no such thing as “set and forget” in security.”
- Sridhar Govardhan, chief information security officer, Wipro
- “The insights in this guide include advice and best practices from Indian and international thought leaders who are chief executive officers (CEOs), chief innovation officers (CIOs), CISOs, academics and subject matter experts. At the heart of every business should be effective risk management, a thorough understanding of the risks, as well as pragmatic solutions, which include better training and awareness. In cybersecurity knowledge is the key to prevention”.
- Sean Duca, vice president and regional chief security officer, Asia-Pacific & Japan, Palo Alto Networks
To learn more about cybersecurity from leading experts and contributors, and to download your own copy of the guide, visit: https://www.paloaltonetworks.in/cybersecurity-guide
For more best practices, use cases and expert advice on managing cybersecurity risks, visit: www.securityroundtable.org.
About Palo Alto Networks
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organisations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Senior Manager, APJ Corporate Communications
Palo Alto Networks
+65 6643 1457
Chiranjeeta Borah/ Saloni Singhania
Ph: (Cell) +91 9818661995/ +91 9833395087
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks, Inc.